Sunday, June 22, 2014

A Quick Way to Make Sets of Game Cards

I got this game PEMDAS war game from Brittany at Math Made Gr8 blog. 

Whenever I make task cards for the classroom, I usually just copy them onto different colored pieces of paper or card stock, whichever is handier.  However, when I am making card games or game pieces, especially those that are done up so cute, I don't want to just copy them onto colored paper.  So, I invested in the big pack of scrapbook paper from Michael's that is 8.5 x 11" when it was on sale, of course!  Then I print out the cards/pieces.  I then just glue the two sheets together (be sure to put the glue all over the sheet) and let it dry for a bit.  Then, when I cut out the cards/pieces, all of the same set have the same back.  The final step for me is to laminate the cards/pieces.  It is very easy to sort when one piece is lost from the group.  It also looks more like playing cards when it is a card game.  I will admit, it takes a bit more work, but in the end, I think it is worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment