Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Absent Student Folders

Click "absent student folder" to go to the original post
I have been so inspired by the creativity that is out and how so many people make things so simple.  Over the summer months, I will be busy creating things for next fall.  I will post as much as I can over the next few months.

I loved this today when I saw it on Pinterest.  It is an absent student folder that is kept on the desk of the absent student and filled with the work completed that day.  At first, I thought it was a little primary for my middle school kiddos, but then I started thinking about the responsibility that the kiddos could have. 

So, this is what I decided to do.  I made 7 absent student folders.  I needed to make it more middle school looking, so I did a Google search for clip art of sick animals and found some great pictures.  I put the title of "Absent Folder" with the caption "Here is what we did while you were out..." underneath it.  I then took some scrapbook paper and glued my label to it.  I then laminated the whole folder.  What I love about this is that I (or a group member, preferably) can use a dry erase marker and write the student's name on it.  Everything can be collected and the folder can be put back in a designated spot for the absent student to pick up when they return.  I like this better than absent folders in a bin.  That means I have to remember, usually, to file the assignment.  I like the idea that it is out on the desk and that the group members take care of their classmates.

Here is my version:
 I think they will be great next school year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment