http://www.ashleigh-educationjourney.com/2013/06/five-for-friday.html) and in the description another pinner had written "units instead of letters". Well, that got me thinking. I teach two subjects with two different sections of each. I started to think, what about classes instead of units? From there, my word wall was born for this year.
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/K-Is-For-Kinderrific) in the colors that I had made my circles. I printed them in the size that I wanted, glued them to card stock, and laminated. The final step was to put Velcro down the middle of the cards, so I can stick them onto the ribbons. I need to make a few more though! :)
The last thing that I did was took a dry erase marker and wrote the vocabulary word on the frame.
I know that traditionally, a word wall grows as more and more vocabulary is added to it. Due to space issues, I can't do that. I wanted to be able to put up key vocabulary words for the unit and then erase the words and put up the next units words. This feels like it will be fast and easy for me. So, I think that I will be able to manage it.
This is just a close up of the cards with the vocabulary words on them.